A snuggery and hospitable hotel is waiting for you in Chania, at the centre of the town, on the square of the old market hall. A historical hotel, which represent the real Cretan hospitality and it is the first was built in town in 1968 by the Anastasakis brothers, Othona and Evaggelos, was the only A category (4 star) until now, open all year round.
The name of our hotel was inspired by the mythical king, Kydon, who was famed for his hospitality.
Bysheled and freshed recently with all the contemporaneous comforts, accords a high level hospitality and personal services to our guests. The bar, the restaurant, all the suites and most of our rooms offer an incredible view of the Old town, the Venetian harbor and the Cretan sea, the rest of the rooms has view to the White mountains.
Rooms & suites:
114 Rooms and Suites
● All with White Mountains view
● Extra services ● With panoramic view
● Extra services ● All with panoramic view ● KING SIZE dimensions beds
● Extra services ● All with panoramic view ● KING SIZE dimensions beds ● Living room with separate working area
● All with panoramic view ● Baby sitting during arrangement ● Ideal for family vacations ● Two bedrooms with separate sitting room and two bathrooms
● Double plate glasses, windows with sound isolation ● Balcony ● Safety box (for free) ● Satellite television ● Pay T.V ● Radio
● Music ● Central space heating and feezing, differently adjustment each room ● Mini Bar ● Hair dryer ● Telephone direct line
● Wireless Internet ● Non smoking rooms (on request).
Luxury meets efficiency and comfort on the ground floor. The elegant design of the lobby introduces quests to the hospitable atmosphere they will experience throughout the hotel. The stylish leather couches in the lounge creating a relaxing and inviting environment for hosting any corporate or private meeting and event.
At the endless of a hard business day or when the occasion calls the hotel Restaurant is open with traditional Greek menu as well as menus for diabetics and vegetarians.
From 11:00 in the morning till late evenings our bar creates a warm lounge atmosphere for those who working or relaxing in front of the view of the Old Market. It recommends freshly grounded coffee with delicious homemade cookies and light snacks.
Meeting and Events
A naturally lit conference room with a capacity of 50 persons in theater style is located on the first floor. ● Fully equipped the KYDON conference room is ideal for bussiness, ● meetings training sessions, ● product launches Art Exhibitions e.t.c.
Services | Amenities
● 24 hours reception ● Express check-in and check-out ● Early check-in and late check-out ● Availability permitting ● Laundry service ● Dry cleaning ● Daily Newspaper ● Wireless Internet ● Internet corner ● Limited parking area - Free of charge ● Car hire ● Excursions ● Breakfast room service ● Baby sitting.
How to Find us
Arriving by air plain
Driving from Chania airport K. DASKALOGIANNIS, just follow the directions toward Chania, after 15 klm, you will arrive at the central public market square, you will find us on your left hand, just opposite of the market hall.
Using a taxi: Please be aware that there are always available taxis at the airport and the cost should not exceed 20 €.
Interests Nearby Places
The Venetian harbor with the light house and the old town with her paved streets. Here you will find tourists shops barrel houses with Cretan cuisine and fresh seafood, cafes and bars where the night life begins late in the afternoon and ends in the morning hours. Archaeological, Historical, Navy museum, City Market, City Gardens, Peace and Friendship Park and Venizelos Graves.
Beaches in the City: Nea Chora, Koum Kapi.
Beaches apart from City: Chrisi Akti, Agioi Apostoloi,Glaros, Kalamaki, Stalos, Agia Marina, Platanias, Stavros.
Day Trips with pick us service from the Hotel Kydon: Samaria Gorge:a national gorge, the longer in Europe and the only natural with wild beauty.
Elafonissos: Crystal clean waters with coral sand and wild beauty
Balos Lagoon: A small bay with a beach witch covered by white sand.
Gramvousa: Mini cruise to the pirate’s island.
Mini Cruise: Souda Bay, Almirida’s beaches, Drepano’s Caves, a unique experience.
Cretan Night: Local Cretan food, plenty wine and traditional dance and song from Crete.
Santorini: Daily cruise from Rethymno
Limnoupolis: Water Park
Sfakia | Fragokastelo
Gavdos | Gavdopouls: Two oneiric islands