The product is obviously the priority. It must be top quality. Then it is about presenting it on the plate. First it should be pleasing to the eye. Then comes the explosion of flavours that must be tamed by the palate&rdquo;. At the heart of Athens, chef Arnaud Bignon is the ambassador of a melange of French and Greek gastronomy that juggles with flavours, fragrances, colours, and presentation ideas; it also has fun with sweet and salty and &lsquo;surf and turf&rsquo; combinations. His poached sole and iced cream of white asparagus topped with grated truffle, his slab of foie gras with caramelised bitter orange and Xocopili chocolate sauce, or his curried crab with mint jelly and green apple sauce can be savoured in this lovely establishment just minutes away from the Panathinaiko stadium built entirely of white marble - where the first modern Olympic Games were held - and close to the Acropolis. Another Greek legend is born.
Elegance, exquisiteness and authenticity. These are the main words to explain the atmosphere and philosophy of Spondi. Created by Mr Apostolos Trastelis in 1996, the address is now a reference in Athens, even all other Greece. Because here we prepare only fresh product, the menu change following the seasons and the inspiration of the star chef Arnaud Bignon.
Trained in the kitchen of Drouant, Alain Ducasse Restaurant at Poincarre or at the Bristol, he is mixing with talent creativity and tradition, modernity with classic French cuisine, perfect presentation with exotical flavours. All this with a perfect and smiling service, in sober and stylish surrounding, reflecting the staff and the spirit of the place – 2 Michelin star – Member of “Relais & Chateaux”.
Facilities and services :
* Gastronomic Restaurant
* Situated in the center of Athens, in the district of Pagrati, next to the little square of Varnava, 100m behind the Panathenian marble stadium, where the 1st modern Olympic games took place
* Open every days from 20 h 00 to 24 h 00
* Wines cellar visit
* Cigar humidor, smoking area
* Air conditioning
* Dinner served on the terrace and garden during the summer seasons (from May to October)
* Car Valet service
* Member of Relais Chateaux
* Seven consecutives years (2001-2007) voted “Best Restaurant in Greece”, (“Athinorama” Golden Chef's Hat Award).
* In 2002, Spondi won it’s 1st Michelin star
* in 2008, Spondi won it’s 2nd Michelin star
For reservations for the next 48 hours
please contact us.
Telephone: +30 2107 564 021