Set in the lush green hillside under the dramatic presence of Mt Taygetos, the idyllic Pyrgos Mystra Hotel is at once a place of rest and retreat, and a paradise for any lover of ancient Greece.
The Pyrgos Mystra Hotel is located in the town of Mystra, an ancient fortified town and important seat of Byzantine art and knowledge; in 1989, the ruins of Mystra were declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The Pyrgos Mystra Hotel is found in a stone manor house dating from 1850. Beautifully renovated, this luxury boutique hotel is historically significant as a place of hospitality and healing, and the present owners continue this noble tradition by creating a wonderful, peaceful atmosphere and providing perfect service.
A walk through the orange groves, an evening drink on the veranda, or simply the stunning views from the privacy of a bedroom window... guests of the Pyrgos Mystra never wish to leave the dual delights of ancient history and contemporary comfort.
- on 8th July in the village of Taygeti
- on the Pentecost (Agiou Pnevmatos) at Agios Ioannis
- at the end of July at square of Magoula
- at the end of August the great market fair takes place at the entrance to the town of Mystras. Every Lakonian feels obliged to attend the fair.
- on 15th August, at Soustianoi and Loggastra
- on 19th July, on the eve of St. Elias day, the famous homonymous fair is held on the summit of Mount Taygetus (at an altitude of 2404 m.), where a little church devoted to the saint and stone-built cells are located.
- every first Sunday of September, at the church of Agios Yiannakis in the village of Trypi.
- on 8th September in Anavryti.